Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Twisted Tuesday

Tonight my family will join several others for Bible study. This means, once again, the meal must be quick and easy. Our main course tonight is courtesy of 101 Things to Do with a Crockpot, as was Monday's entree. The recipe actually calls for crushed pineapple, but my pantry yielded chunks, so that's what I used. The crescent rolls are Pillsbury. Mr. B will prepare the rice and be the salad chef for the meal.

Tuesday's Meal
Polynesian Pork Chops
Rice (Make extra for Thursday)
Tossed Salad
Crescent Rolls

Polynesian Pork Chops
4 or 5 lean pork chops
1 cup Barbeque Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
8 ounces crushed pineapple

Season chops with salt and pepper. Place in bottom of crockpot that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Combine barbeque sauce and undrained pineapple and pour over chops. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. This is another new recipe, so the outcome is unknown. I'll post the Food Facts later!

Food Facts: This recipe really needs the crushed pineapple. I'm thinking it would melt into the sauce while the chunks just had a decidedly different taste. Other than the weird chunks, this meal is a success. Mr. B did an excellent job on the rice, salad and rolls, too! He also polished off the food on his plate and packed a lunch from the remaining chop. The Hoss ate his but it's hard to tell if he liked the food or was in one of his 'eat everything that doesn't eat me first' modes. I was pleased with the results for the most part. The taste of the meat and sauce was yummy (minus the weird chunks, of course), the rice was perfect and the salad and rolls rounded out the meal nicely. Now off to Bible study where my good friend supplies dessert. Check out her food blog, too!

No comments: