Monday, October 6, 2008

Tangy Chicken with Smashed Potatoes

Our football game has been moved to Tuesday, so no rushing tonight. I am preparing this dish in my slow-cooker so it will be ready when Mr. B and The Hoss get home from football practice. Again, this is a couple of recipes I've combined and tweaked for the crock pot. Make your favorite mashed potato recipe. My guys love them made with Yukon Golds and mashed with the skin on. Any green veggie will do. I just happen to have cabbage and broccoli that need to be cooked. You'll get the facts later.

Monday Menu
Tangy Chicken
Smashed Potatoes
Steamed Cabbage
Steamed Broccoli (for The Hoss)
Rolls


Tangy Chicken
4 bone-in chicken breasts (cut breasts in half, if large)
1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
1/2 cup Heinz 57 sauce
1 cup water
salt & pepper

Spray slow-cooker with cooking spray, salt & pepper chicken and place inside. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken breasts. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.

Food Facts: I'm not too sure about this recipe. It may need a bit more tweaking or just cooking in an oven. While the guys gobbled it down, I just didn't think it was all that great. The meat was juicy and the cranberry & 57 sauces formed a gravy that I poured over the plated chicken. Potatoes and cabbage were awesome!

No comments: